Through this guide, you will know which milk to choose for each thing. However, this does not mean that one exists better than another. Everything will depend on what you are looking for at that moment. For example, in the case of a child with intolerances or allergies, it is advisable to drink whole milk. Because it has nutrients necessary for the growth of the child.
On the other hand, an adult who wants to lose weight can opt for non-dairy milk. They can even choose almond or coconut. Furthermore, for all this, there is no correct answer. There are simply some data that help you choose the decision that best suits you.
- This type of milk is very inexpensive, in addition, you can find it anywhere easily.
- Also, it has necessary minerals, vitamins and proteins.
- Includes tryptophan. It is an amino acid that is involved in the creation of hormones for the regularization of sleep.
- Before drinking it, check if you are lactose intolerant. Because it could get too heavy on your stomach.
- On the other hand, this type of milk has more fat and calories compared to vegetables.
- Goat milk has more protein and calcium than plant-based milks
- It also has probiotics
- It has 12% less lactose. For this reason it is easier to digest.
- On the other hand, it helps to absorb different nutrients that are important in the body.
- The main disadvantage is that it has more fat and calories than vegetables.
- Coconut milk is recommended for people who have allergies
- This allows to accelerate the metabolism due to the fact that it has electrolytes.
- In addition, it is rich in magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and manganese
- In general, coconut milk is not a source of protein
- It even has little fiber
- It is completely low in calories
- Also, it is rich in vitamin E and low in saturated fat.
- To produce it, you need too much water
- Has no calcium or any protein
- On the other hand, some people find it heavy
- Soy milk lasts a long time in a package
- Has no cholesterol
- It also does not have lactose
- In addition, it is a source of potassium, protein, and calcium
- There are many people who say that it tastes a lot like plant
- Also, it is common for people to be allergic to soy.
Milk as a beneficial food for children and adults
In general, we call milk that comes from a cow. Because it is the most consumed type around the world. This is one of the most complete foods that we can find anywhere. On the other hand, the nutritionist Gloria Tamayo indicates that there is no reason to eliminate it from the diet. As long as there are no allergies or lactose intolerance.
The Spanish Nutrition Foundation presented a report. Through this, it was made known that cow’s milk is a staple food. Because it contains nutritional properties that are not in other drinks. The intake of milk in babies and children is essential, we all know. But like them, adults also need it to prevent some diseases. For example, osteoporosis that directly attacks the bones.
On the other hand, milk is made up of water, lactose, protein, and fat. In fact, the proteins in it are too complete. Because they contain eight essential amino acids in excellent proportions. Casein is the most important and abundant because it allows calcium to be fixed in the body. On the other hand, it contains B vitamins that are just as important. These help children during the growth stage.
It also provides lactose, considered the main sugar in mammalian milk. This behaves like a carbohydrate that generates energy. In order to obtain a beneficial effect on intestinal absorption. We must not even forget that milk contains large amounts of water. Therefore, it helps to keep our entire body in a good state of hydration.
It should be made clear that whole, semi-skimmed, or skimmed milk refers to the fat content. The skimmed contains little fat, therefore, the number of calories is lower. In general, the conversation conditions are the same for each one. This is marketed in a tetra brick or a plastic bottle. Because these containers allow preserving the milk for a long time.
However, it must be borne in mind that after opening it, it must be stored in the refrigerator. Within this, the container must be kept closed to protect the milk from other food odors. Also, you must remember that this drink can be frozen for three weeks. But thawing causes it to lose its original texture.
Cooking with milk
It is possible to consume this drink cold, warm, or hot. Because its sweet taste makes it pleasant to eat raw. For this reason, it is ideal to use in pastry or confectionery. Milk is even present in savory recipes.
We are not going to deny that we always want to make pastry creams for a filling. We can even make thinner creams to use as toppings. Also for creamy ice creams, desserts, cakes, custards, or puddings. On the other hand, in salty recipes, milk is not very common. Because, instead, the cream is used.
These are used to make other dairy products. In addition, they are obtained from the fermentation of milk through microorganisms. These have to be adequate because a specific acidity level must be reached. Among these products, we have ergo, kumys, yogurt, kefir, among others.
Cheeses are obtained through the coagulation of milk protein. Thousands of different cheeses are currently produced. Some of them are characteristic of each specific region. The cheeses can be unripened, soft-ripened, hard, or semi-hard.
You might also be interested in 10 foods that improve your athletic performance. Click here.