Sandwiches are a great way to start the day. This is a practical, complete, and above all exquisite breakfast. Normally mornings go very quickly, for this reason, people only have time to get ready and leave right away. However, skipping this or any other meal can be harmful. Chances are, you feel tired, grumpy, and stressed. Therefore, sandwiches can become your best ally. You can use different ingredients and vary each day.
Sandwiches and athletes
In general, people are advised to seek optimal muscle development. This is achieved through nutrients necessary for the tissues of the muscles to increase. In addition, in the diet of an athlete, a diet of more than three meals a day should always be established. On the other hand, there are people who support the idea of eating every two hours. This in order to avoid muscle catabolization. For this and many other reasons, experts recommend the intake of sandwiches at any time.
In some cases, athletes resort to special preparations or sweeps. However, it is better to opt for a homemade and healthy diet. Thanks to this we can obtain great health benefits. For the consumption of sandwiches, you have to carefully choose the ingredients. Not in all cases, these are healthy for our body.
Advantages of sandwiches
Sandwiches are practical and we can take them everywhere. Therefore, they will accompany us, even if we are away from home and can eat it between meals. It is very likely that you will have to get used to taking it with you. Above all, the days in which you spend more hours away from home. Through a single bite of the sandwich, we will provide our body with the necessary nutrients.
Even though bread, we provide carbohydrates and vitamins with the rest of the ingredients.
Not all the ingredients that we include in our sandwiches will serve the same way. For example, bread, preferably whole wheat, will provide complex carbohydrates and fibers that will aid digestion. Additionally, we can add tomato, onion, and lettuce that provide antioxidants and vitamins.
The intake of natural tuna, boiled eggs, turkey, and chicken is also recommended. However, conventional sausages are preferable to put aside. However, Serrano ham is an excellent option because it provides iron to the body.
On the other hand, if we want to add vitamins to our sandwiches, we can include sliced apples. It is important to maintain a healthy diet and avoid eating anything. We are used to opting for fast foods that are high in calories. In addition, they endanger our health and well-being.
Sandwiches as complete foods
Sandwiches have a large number of vitamins and nutrients necessary for the human body. However, you always have to keep the ingredients in mind. Nutritionist Tatiana Jiménez mentions: “A sandwich is healthy, as long as it is well complemented. The ingredients should be carbohydrates, proteins, and healthy fats. It is important to try to avoid dressings, they are not good for your health”.
In addition, he added: “It is important to put the ingredients in well-distributed portions. In the case of cheese, it is preferable to use fresh cheese, it has less fat”.
It is normal for people to opt for healthy and nutritious ingredients with meat supplements. However, today there are different vegan and vegetarian alternatives. The nutritionist clarifies that recently people have begun to worry more about their health. However, some people are not well informed and do not balance their diet. This causes serious problems like anemia.
Sandwiches for breakfast
There is no denying it, sometimes box bread is boring. For this, change it every so often for rye bread, baguettes, or bagels. You can also include vegetables or nuts, cheese, and olives.
Tuna sandwich with protein
- Spinach or watercress
- Rye, multigrain or whole grain bread
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1 can of tuna in water
- 10 chopped almonds
- 15 finely chopped black olives
- 1-quart white onion, minced
In a bowl mix the cottage cheese, tuna, almonds, olives, and the chopped onion. After obtaining your mixture, add the salt and pepper to taste. While you carry out this process, put the bread to toast and finally add the mixture with the complements of your choice.
Panela cheese sandwich
- Mayonnaise and baby spinach (Optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 quarter onion
- 1 handful of sliced mushrooms
- 1 slice of panela cheese
- Rye, white, or whole wheat bread
- Place the slices of bread in the toaster while you fry the panela cheese.
- In another pan, cook the mushrooms with the onion and season to taste.
- If you prefer, you can spread mayonnaise on the bread and add spinach leaves. But if you prefer to skip this step, just serve the panela cheese and place the mushrooms on top.
- Another option is to prepare the mushrooms with melted Manchego cheese.
Cheese, bacon, and egg sandwiches
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices of Manchego or American cheese, whichever you prefer
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of bacon cooked
- Butter (Optional)
- 1 whole or plain bagel
- The first thing you have to do is cut the bagel in half and start spreading butter on both sides. Next, put the bread in an electric oven or toaster.
- While the bread is toasting, prepare a scrambled egg, season with salt, and top with cheese until melted. Then in the skillet or micro roast the bacon. Once this is finished, place between the loaves, and your sandwich will be ready to taste.
Sandwich with avocado and egg
- 1 slice of Manchego cheese
- Pepper and salt to taste
- ¼ avocado
- 2 eggs
Make a scrambled egg and add salt and pepper to taste. When it is cooked, cover it with a slice of Manchego cheese. Then wait a few minutes for it to melt and place it between the loaves. Add the avocado and finally the arugula.
- Pepper and salt
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Cheddar cheese
- Box bread
- First, cut the edges of the bread so that it has a smoother texture.
- In a bowl add an egg, 2 tablespoons of milk, add salt and pepper, and mix.
- The cheese can be sliced or grated. The only difference is that if you grate it, it will melt more easily, but the flavor will not change.
- Next, mix two tablespoons of mayonnaise with one mustard and spread them on the bread.
- Add the cheese and ham
- Bathe the sandwich with the egg and milk preparation
- Finally, add butter to a pan and when it is hot, fry the sandwich.
You may also be interested in the best breakfasts for a healthy morning. Click here.