Today there are many web browsers and if you still do not know which one to use, in this post we will make comparisons between some that currently exist. This includes the advantages, disadvantages and a little historical review so you will know more about them and at the end you would decide to change the web browsers you used before.
The most common thing is that at least in your whole life you have used more than one browser for different reasons such as the compatibility of the browser with the operating system you are using, among these operating systems we have IOS, Android, Windows, Mac and Linux. For example, the Safari browser is only available for devices with IOS operating systems. On the other hand, another reason is the characteristics of the devices, this is an important point because there are some browsers that consume more resources than others.
First of all, the most important thing is that you first understand the great difference between a search engine and a browser because sometimes this topic generates confusion among people. After this, it will be easier for you to choose which is the best browser for you.
On the one hand we have web browsers, these are tools that you have the possibility to download and install on your cell phone, tablet or computer. Through these you can enter to make inquiries on the Internet. Among the best known browsers are Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, among others.
Search engines are basically the platforms that browsers use to navigate the Internet, examples of these are Bing or Google. From this topic appear concepts of SEO and SEM positioning. The series of results that appear will completely depend on the search you want to perform and these will appear by the algorithms that browsers use.
Now, once the differences between these two topics have been clarified, we will show you below which are the best web browsers you can find. Previously, Internet Explorer was the most widely used browser, but Google Chrome dethroned it and in no time took its place. To get a little idea to know the percentages of users who use each browser, the ranking is as follows:
As you have to imagine, Google Chrome leads the ranking with a percentage of 57.4%, then we have Safari that has a percentage of 13.5%, followed by the Internet Explorer browser with 6.8%, Firefox with 6.5% and finally Operates with 3.2%.
Google Chrome is at first glance the browser that most users prefer. On the other hand, the fall of Internet Explorer is incredible, even despite its replacement Edge has not managed to generate a great impact on the market like the Firefox browser, which has had a considerable decrease in users. Surprisingly Safari has gotten stronger and currently has a large increase in users.
Sometimes people are interested in creating their own ranking so that they can compare. If this is your case and you have a web page, you can do it easily through a web analytics tool, for example, Google Analytics, to obtain percentages on the preferences of your web traffic.
The best web browsers that will complement your day to day
This browser came out in 2008 and eventually managed to take the place of Internet Explorer. This is due to all the excellent features it has, among which are:
- Multiprocess browser
- It shows you a black list with sites that it recommends not to access
- Ease of synchronization with other Google tools
- Compatibility with all systems
- Large group of extensions
- It is currently listed as the fastest browser
- Provides easy access for all users
It is common for any system or product to have disadvantages and this also includes Google Chrome. Although most of the features of this browser are good, among its cons are:
- It has non-open source
- High consumption of RAM, if this browser is used on a computer with few resources, its performance will decrease
This browser was developed by Apple in 2003 and is exclusively for users of cell phones, tablets, computers with IOS system. It should be noted that previously, these devices created by Steve Jobs’ company came with a pre-established Internet Explorer browser.
Currently, Safari allows automatic synchronization with devices of the same brand and also has some extensions that improve the experience of each user. Some features that Safari stands out for are:
- Excellent speed
- User friendly interface for users
- It has a very attractive design
Problems that Safari has:
- It does not have a great variety of extensions and functionalities
- Closed code
- Being exclusive to IOS, it is not compatible with other operating systems
- It is not so safe because it only has a search engine
Internet Explorer was the browser most used by users, even reaching 95% of the market share. It was created in 1995 and is included by default in all Windows operating systems. Recently, Microsoft decided to change this browser to Microsoft Edge in order to once again stand out among users. Some of the advantages are:
- It is preset for all Windows systems including older ones
- It has simplicity as a flag
- Closed code
- It is one of the main browsers where cybernetic attacks are carried out
- Not compatible with all systems
- Microsoft Edge replaced it, which is why it was outdated
Firefox is parte of the group of browsers that stand out the most and it was created in 2004 by David Hyatt and Blake Ross within the Mozilla group. It is a free software with open source that got more than 100 million downloads in its first version. One of the best features is that it is compatible with any type of device, Android, IOS, Windows, etc.
- Open Source
- Excellent performance
- It provides you with a large number of extensions to make your navigation the best
- Can be customized
- Constant updates
- Firefox really does not have major disadvantages, but the only one we could mention is that it is not as fast a browser as Google Chrome although it is not far behind.
Opera is a browser that was created in 1995 and is probably the most unknown by some users, however, it is considered one of the most innovative today.
- Full compatibility
- This browser is an excellent option for those who have computers with few resources
- Voice navigation functionalities, closed tab trash, popup blocking.
- Computer language support
- Fast and effective
- Anti fraud security
Problems that Opera has:
- Opera is a browser that does not have updates constantly compared to the others.
- Closed code