Cosmetics are products that are used in order to improve the physical appearance and perform cleanings to look fresher and without any imperfection. This term is applied to some topical products for the face, body, nails, hair and more. In general, cosmetics contain 15 to 50 components, this will depend on the part of the body to which the cosmetic is directed.
Some of the most common components are preservatives, alcohol, oils, pigments, among others. Its useful life can be from 3 months to an approximate of 3 years. On the other hand, the origin of cosmetics dates back to 10,000 years BC when ancient Egyptian civilizations used these types of elements in order to stay healthy. Previously, men and women used makeup and carried it with them when they had parties or gatherings to be able to touch up and have a fresh appearance.
On the other hand, today it is possible to create our own cosmetics from the comfort of our home and free from some substances that could be harmful to our body. In addition, with these recipes you can save large amounts of money if you are one of the people who constantly buy new products to take care of your appearance.
Have you ever wondered how much money you have spent if you put together all the face masks, lotions, creams and more? The answer is probably more than $30 or $50. The Industrial Association for Personal Care and Detergents mentions that from time to time, people invest more than $ 200 in cosmetic products and for household cleaning.
Nowadays it is very common to see in different stores some products that promise benefits, but at the same time they are full of chemicals and the packaging generates a large amount of garbage. Luckily, thanks to nature we have great helpers that give us the possibility of mixing them and creating products free of contaminants.
We have to keep in mind that the products that we can mix do not contain harmful ingredients and one of the best things is that they are cheaper compared to conventional cosmetics. Some of these are plant oils and rose water that add shine, smoothness and nourish the skin. If you dare to try homemade cosmetics, you will notice that your skin will feel softer and you will eliminate some impurities, but you should always take into account your skin type otherwise, these cosmetics could damage some area of your body.
If you are one of the people who have sensitive skin and have already tried cosmetics before, but it has irritated your skin, you could try homemade cosmetics, keeping in mind that you should avoid natural products that cause allergies, for example, if you suffer of acne and you want to try some homemade cosmetic, it is recommended that you consult your dermatologist first.
The 5 homemade cosmetics that you should try at home
Making cosmetics is not a difficult task, however, if you want to start something easy, we recommend this recipe that will serve as a body scrub and best of all, you will only need two ingredients: a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of sugar.
How to apply it
- Mix the sugar with the coconut oil until you can see that a paste has formed.
- Wash your body as you normally do.
- On damp skin, begin to distribute the product with small circular movements over the areas you want.
- After having applied the homemade cosmetic, wait a few minutes and rinse well with plenty of warm water.
If after bathing you are used to using body lotion, this time you will not have to do it with this peeling, you will have a light layer of oil on your skin.
The pimples always appear unexpectedly even when you have an important event, if you normally use a cream to combat them and you do not see any improvement, here we leave you this homemade cosmetic that will help you to relieve them and improve the appearance. The only thing you will need is: a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of ground almonds, a banana and chamomile tea.
How to do it
- First you must mix the honey, almonds and banana to form a cream.
- Then you should open the pores with a steam bath with chamomile tea.
- Gently dry your face with a towel.
- Now what you are going to do is start applying the mixture little by little on the face and you will let it act for approximately 15 or 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- You will notice that, thanks to this cosmetic, the redness and inflammation are greatly reduced.
For dry hair, it is best to use cosmetics that contain some oil content, such as coconut oil. If you have damaged hair and you are looking for something to help you repair it, this mask is the one for you. You will need an egg yolk, ½ avocado, and a tablespoon of coconut oil.
How to do it
- Slice the avocado and then mash one half with a fork.
- Then you will mix the avocado with the coconut oil in a bowl.
- The egg yolk is optional, if you want you can include it in the mixture.
- Place the preparation on damp hair.
- Put on a plastic cover or a towel because the accumulation of heat will intensify the effect.
- To rinse it is advisable to do it with cold water because the hot water makes the egg coagulate, which would make it more difficult to remove it, in addition, it is recommended to rinse twice with shampoo.
Brown, blonde and red hair
When we dye our hair, we always look for the best options to take care of it in the best way. These cosmetics generally contain propellant gases, odors that are too strong, and a bottle is expensive and runs out quickly. But don’t worry, here is a recipe that will help you and bring you great benefits. You will need two tablespoons of cornmeal and one teaspoon of baking soda.
How to do it
- Add the ingredients in a bowl and then mix them together.
- Place the powder in an airtight container and begin to apply it to the hairline if you consider it necessary.
- We recommend placing this mixture in a lockable salt shaker or jar to make it easier to use and store.
Homemade liquid soap
Nowadays, almost anywhere we can find chemical-free natural soaps, however, this cosmetic can be produced by yourself from the comfort of your home. The only thing you will need is an empty dispenser, a tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil, a tablespoon of honey, 25g of organic soap, 500 ml of water.
How to do it
- Finely grate the soap over a container and bring to a boil in a water bath. Stir constantly until liquid.
- Let it cool until it is at a warm temperature but do not let it stir.
- Add water, oil and honey.
- Mix for a long time, the more you do it, the more flexible the consistency of your soap will become.
- After this, place the mixture in a soap dispenser and if you want, you can add a little glycerin so that your hands do not dry out after lathering.