Polarized glasses are those that have a vertical filter that blocks sunlight. These prevent it from reaching the eyes horizontally. Polarized glasses are really useful for places where there is a great light intensity. In addition, thanks to the filter that gives way to vertical light, you will be able to see more clearly.
How do I know if polarized glasses are of good quality?
The first thing we advise you is not to buy sunglasses in any unauthorized place. The accessories that you buy in street stalls or markets, rest assured that they will be of poor quality. Also, keep in mind that sunglasses are not a fashion accessory. These are very important for our visual health and the quality of vision.
To check that polarized glasses are good, there are several methods. The easiest way is to look inside the pins and if it has a P it means they are polarized. However, you can also check it in a more scientific way.
- If you place them in front of an LCD screen and the vision darkens or brightens while you rotate the lens, it means that they are polarized glasses. Keep in mind that this test should only be carried out with an LCD monitor, otherwise you will not get results.
- On the other hand, another way to check it is by forming a 90-degree angle with two lenses of this type. If you notice that your vision is darkening, rest assured that the glasses you purchased are polarized.
If you wear polarized glasses during your walks on the street, you will get an excellent quality of vision. These will allow you to enjoy different shades compared to regular glasses.
Advantages and disadvantages of polarized glasses
Among the main advantages of polarized glasses are:
- It is possible to apply the polarizing filter on prescription lenses
- Recommended for people with photophobia or sensitivity to light
- Significantly reduces eyestrain
- Provides greater contrast and sharpness
- Allows you to perceive natural colors
- Reflection-free vision
- Polarized glasses can be combined with visible and UV light for complete protection.
- Polarized glasses do not allow you to see well LCD liquid crystal screens such as computers, tablets, or cell phones.
- They do not prevent vertical reflections
- Sometimes they cannot be adapted to other types of lenses and prescriptions.
Prescription polarized glasses or not?
Polarized glasses have long become something that many people use. Before, prescription sunglasses were a novelty because not all places made them. Even if you found some they were too expensive. Currently, the value of these accessories has reduced considerably. If you use prescription glasses and have photosensitivity, without a doubt you should buy ones that are polarized. With this, you will improve the contrast and the brightness will stop bothering you.
Where to get them?
The best option is to go to an optician or store specializing in this matter. Only in these places will you find glasses that will help you with the health of your eyes. In addition, you will find different brands and tools.
What are the most common uses?
Polarized glasses are recommended for any activity that we carry out outdoors where we have contact with a lot of light.
- To drive: In addition to being another element of driving safety, experts recommend them to prevent accidents due to fatigue. These will allow you to react in less time, break earlier, and a greater ability to anticipate traffic conditions.
- For skiing: The sun’s reflections bounce off the snow and for this reason, it is necessary to use special glasses. These will allow you to see the types of snow, ice sheets, and changes in level.
- For motorcycles or bicycles: In these activities, the sight can suffer fatigue due to the intensity of the light.
- For the beach, the mountains or large places in nature: If you go to these places, it is advisable never to remove your glasses. This is just as important as sunscreen.
The best-polarized glasses for you
Oakley glasses for men
This model is one of Oakley’s most prestigious. This brand has been one of the pioneers in this branch of polarized glasses. Best of all, they can be used to dress casually and for sports. In addition, Oakley stands out from other brands because its models are of high quality and in this model, because its frames are light.
Hawkers Black Sky One Polarized Sunglasses
Currently, these glasses are the best sellers of the moment. They are quite famous and an excellent alternative at a comfortable price. They have been designed in Spain and are the perfect option for a sporty look. Acquire them and take them with you when you go to do sports, their lightness will surprise you.
If at first glance, this model caught your attention, look no further because it is your best option when it comes to quality, design and brand. The Polaroid brand has extensive experience in these products and is an expert on lenses in general. They are of high quality and include a classic and modern design at the same time.
Cory Polarized by Hawkers
This model is from an Elche brand. Polarized glasses that provide excellent vision quality and color contrast. They are resistant to shocks and drops and have UV400 protection.
These glasses are perfect for sports. They block 99% of UVA and UVB radiation and will help keep your eyes healthy without any problems.
Neive by Hawkers
In general, not all designs are unisex, but this is the exception. This Hawkers model guarantees a vision without reflections and with a natural contrast of all colors. They are light, flexible, resistant and provide UV400 protection.
Arnette Fastball sunglasses are another favorite on the market. They have a sporty and ergonomic design, in addition, it adapts to the shape of the face. Its design resembles the Ray Ban Predator model and is currently an excellent model in terms of quality and price.
Shadow by Hawkers
This brand provides style, lightness and durability. These sunglasses have an aviator style that goes perfectly with the metal frame.
Duco polarized glasses
If you want to opt for an economical design that fits your possibilities, this model is the one. They block 100% of UVA and UVB radiation, eliminate excessive ambient glare, and greatly reduce eye fatigue.
Fushion by Hawkers
The design with turquoise colors is completely eye-catching. They are unisex and provide a vision without reflections, provide a natural contrast of colors and are polarized.